- A Good Natured Riot – Sassy, classy folk and bluegrass from Richmond, VA
- Chester River Runoff – Cutting edge bluegrass from the Eastern shore of Maryland
- Dick Butt Kiss and the Tightends – And you think we’re offensive! Another great example of Richmond’s bizarre musical influence. Must be all the fecal coliform in the water.
- Furnace Mountain Band – The finest music on four legs! Well, really it’s two sets of two, but . . .
- Goldmine Pickers – Bluegrass and Irish Folkiness from Amish country in Indiana
- Hot Day at the Zoo – Lowell Mass’s spectacular string band.
- Jackass Flats – Our great enemies and close friends. Like Caesar and Cassius, Mickey and Donald, Bill and Ted.
- Packway Handle Band – “Alt Bluegrass” from Athens, Georgia
- Pokey LaFarge – One of our best pals, think Emmett Miller, think Jimmie Rodgers, think jug/ragtime heaven.
- The Bowmans – Such beautiful singing and songwriting from the beautiful Bowman sisters.
- The Falsies – Absurdist rock band from Charlottesville, VA – Don’t you tell them what to do; They are more rock and roll than you.
- The Fox Hunt – WV’s finest New-Time rowdies.
- The Hillbilly Gypsies – Sweet sweet bluegrass pickin and singin from WV
- The Two Man Gentleman Band – So handsome, so witty, so very New York City!
- The Whiskey Rebellion – Joyful bluegrass quartet from Richmond and Charlottesville and our good buddies, duh
- The Wilders – Honky tonkin’ country buddies from Kansas City who we’ve played with in Scotland
- The Wiyos – “Omniphonic full-harmonic realtone resonators,” in their own words. NYC buddies!
- The Zydepunks – Not too Zydeco’y, not too punk’y, but certainly wild and excellent!
- Thomas Bailey – Vocalist, multi-instrumentalist and longtime pickin pal based in NYC
- Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion – Annual music festival held in September, celebrating Bristol’s musical heritage and featuring country, gospel, bluegrass, and roots music.
- Clifftop Appalachian String Band Festival – A great place to get schooled, or just relax in the shade and enjoy acoustic music all day and all night.
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival – The largest arts festival in the world, with over 31,000 performances including cutting edge comedy, theater, music, and dance
- Galax Old Fiddlers Convention – Another great place to get schooled! The musical highlight of our year.
- Dean Markley Strings – The string of choice for our banjoes, guitars and mandolin
- Minimum Wage Recording – Lance Koehler’s studio in Oregon Hill, Richmond, where we’ve recorded and mixed the last three albums.
- The Artwork of Ben Belcher – Our fab banjoist/bassist is also a killer artist.
- WDVX – Blue Plate Special – One hour of live music every weekday at noon out of Knoxville, TN, with hosts Tony Lawson, Red Hickey, and Matt Morelock
- WRIR – Richmond Indie Radio – One of the best low-power FM stations out there, and home of Josh’s ‘Edge of Americana’ radio show
Other Performers and Friends
- Aaron Greenhood – Founding band member who left early to pursue photography, which he’s pretty good at
- All The Saints Theater Company – Our co-conspirators and comrades-in-arms in Richmond, incredible puppets and theatrics
- Annie B. Campbell – The wife of our very own Ben Belcher is herself a fantastic, award winning ceramicist. Check her out!
- Big Meat – Former band member Bryan “Cupcake” Walthall has turned to the dark side: beatmaking, audio engineering and music production
- Captain Frodo – The Incredible Rubberman and friend from Edinburgh Fringe
- John Haywood – Appalachian artist and old time banjo picker from East Kentucky
- La Clique London – Incredible circus and variety show, friends from Edinburgh Fringe 2008
- Paul Zenon – Street magician, sideshow enthusiast, Fringe buddy and a good fella
- Shep Huntly – Sideshow extraordinaire, Aussie, no mucking about! A class act and also maybe a little frightening.